Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The baby gets to stir.


It occured to me recently that Dori is becoming her own little person. No longer a tag-a-long, she has her own interests (shoes, balls and sweets) and desires (wearing shoes, playing with balls and eating sweets). So I let her stir the barbecue sauce.

Up until now, Addy has had all the chances to do everything, and Dori was a (noisy) accessory, often riding on my back or in a sling. On this day two weeks ago I let Dori stir the pot while Addy watched. It was quite a change for Dori, and she clearly loved it. She was pretty proud of herself and now likes to be a helper with everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep looking at this picture and thinking how those two little slightly buck teeth aren't there any more! Sniff, sniff.

More importantly, how'sa come Addy has on a nice sporty pair of unisex pajamas while Dori has to wear a house frock? Tee hee hee.

Your favorite sister.